You can find great golfing communities all over the world, but the United States has many states that offer beautiful views, great amenities, and convenient golf courses at private or public golfing communities. Here is a quick breakdown of some of the most popular states to find golfing communities:
- Florida. With some of the best weather, favorable climate conditions nearly year-round, breathtaking scenery, and lots of amenities close by, it’s no wonder that Florida is home to so many public and private golfing communities. There are golf communities all over the state, depending on what you are looking for and where.
- North Carolina. Another beautiful oceanfront state offering many different great golf-oriented communities, North Carolina has some of America’s most popular golf communities and courses.
- South Carolina. Much the same as its northern cousin, South Carolina boasts a very wide variety of breathtaking golf courses and fantastic golf communities statewide.
- Virginia. Although snow can be an issue in some parts of the state during the winter months, Virginia still offers some very nice golfing communities for public or private use, depending on the specific community.
Other states offer some of the most popular golf communities in the United States, but do not offer many to choose from. Sometimes variety is a great idea, but quality outweighs quantity for most people. A few states offer both quality and quantity.
Here are some of the newest golfing communities in the United States, in no particular order:
- Fairhope, Alabama’s Colony at the Grand
- Hollister, Missouri’s Branson Creek
- Ocala, Florida’s Golden Ocala
- Pine Mountain, Georgia’s Callaway Gardens
- Burnsville, North Carolina’s The Preserve at Wolf Laurel
- Portsmouth, Rhode Island’s Carnegie Abbey
- Cedar Hill, Texas’ Lake Ridge
- Carmel, California’s Tehama
There are so many great golfing communities to choose from that you have to narrow it down by other methods. Reputation is a great factor, but amenities mean a lot to most people. Proximity to other forms of entertainment, like shopping or restaurants, is also attractive. Finally, if you want to live near friends or family members, choosing something near relatives or close friends is an easy way to narrow down the choices.